Monday, June 24, 2013

My First Thrift Store Haul

I went to Goodwill the other day to pick up some items to try to resale on Ebay. I ended up spending 18.51$ on 4 items and I got some pretty good deals. They were having a Summer Color Tag Sale so all blue tags were 20% off and all green tags were 15% off.

The first item my dad helped me pick out, which was a Vintage Clear and Milk White Glass Ceiling Light Fixture. Originally it was 0.99$, but we got it for 0.79$. It sold on Ebay as a Buy it Now for 4.95$ plus 7.95$ shipping.

The second item that my dad also helped me pick out was a bag of 9 old looking spice tins. One of the tins even has the copyright of 1950 on it. 8 of the 9 tins are Schilling spice tins and 1 is a Watkins spice tin. The whole bag was originally 14.99$, but we got it for 12.74$. They are being sold in groups based on they're condition. The two in the best condition are a Cayenne Pepper tin and a Savory tin. They sold on Ebay as a Buy it Now for 8.95$ free shipping.
The next best tins are the Onion Salt bottle and Parsley flakes tin which sold on Ebay as a buy it now option for 8.95$ free shipping.The Parsley flakes tin has the copyright of 1950 on it.
The next tins are a group of four including: Mace, Ginger, Curry Powder, and Cloves which sold on Ebay as a buy it now option for 8.95$ free shipping.
The last tin was the Watkins Allspice tin, which is being sold by itself because it was all alone in the bag. It was being sold on Ebay as a buy it now option for 8.95$ free shipping. I ended up bringing the price down to $6.95 free shipping as a buy it now with the best offer option. It sold for $6.25.

The third item was also something that my dad helped me pick out. We found a printer tricolor ink cartridge that was still in the box. It was an HP 28 printer ink cartridge. It was originally 1.99$ and we got it for 1.59$. It sold on Ebay as a buy it now option for 8.95$ with 1.95$ shipping.

The last item was one that I picked out (the first item I found on my own!). It's a leather Hendrick's Gin carrying case advertising piece. It was originally 3.99$, but we got it for 3.39$. It sold in an Ebay auction for 8.95$ with 3.95$ for shipping.
So as you can see they're all decent items. There is profit to be made off of garage sale and thrift store shopping and reselling. I mean I spent $18.51 on these items and they have all sold. In total they sold for $69.80. I made somewhere between $40-$50 total on these items as a whole.

 The idea sounded really dumb to me at first, but it's actually tougher than it looks to find brands that will actually sell and that will make a profit as well. If you'd like to check any of these items out on ebay here's the link to my ebay page: http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&gbh=1

I plan to stop in at the thrift store again by myself this time to pick up more items and to try it again without my dads help this time. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment