Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Goodwill Outlet Continued

As stated in my last post... There were a couple items that I didn't say anything about. I'm referring to a Columbia jacket and an H&M Shirt. We also hit the Goodwill Outlet again this past weekend. After this past weekends visit I'm sure we'll be taking a few weeks off mainly because we have a lot of stuff now and our towns summer festival is next weekend and we have friends coming out to visit for this event.

Also just a little rant about the Goodwill Outlet store, I promise I won't go on forever and I'll get to the good stuff. People there do not get the concept of personal space seriously... standing two inches from someone, looking over your shoulder, and being pushy is not good shopping manners people! I don't care who you are!! Also every time they put out a new box of clothes it's literally like bee's to honey, it's a little scary.

Anyways this week must have been sweater week because that seemed to be all they were putting out. Why you'd sell sweaters to people in the middle of summer when it's literally 80-90 degrees with 70% humidity here I don't know. It was even hotter than that in the Outlet store, people were leaving saying it was too hot to shop. My guess is not too many people were buying sweaters that day, but I bought some nice ones and I'm all stocked up for fall now. So here's what I picked out and I'll start with the remainder of the stuff from last week.

I found a brown women's small Columbia rain jacket it weighed 12.4 ounces so I got it for 1.15$. It sold like within a day or two of posting it for 20.99$ as a buy it now with free shipping on eBay.  This was the big find from last week.

I also found a like new H&M women's small blue and white striped top with a silk ribbon that goes around the collar and can be tied in a bow. It's super cute! It weighs 2.8 ounces so that means I got it for 0.26$. It's being sold on eBay for 14.95$ as a buy it now with free shipping and a best offer option. Seriously if it doesn't sell by the end of the summer, I may just keep it since it's in my size! Ok, my size is an extra small, but a small will work to. 

On to this weeks finds, this week I found a pair of Tommy Hilfiger women's size 6 shorts. They weigh 10.2 ounces so I spent 0.95$ on them. They sold for 13.95$ as a buy it now with free shipping on my eBay page.

One of the sweaters I found was a New York and Company women's XL metallic and gray striped sweater. It weighs 13.1 ounces which means it's gonna cost me to ship it. So when you do the math I spent 1.22$ on this sweater. It's being sold as a buy it now on eBay for 18.95$ free shipping.

Another sweater I found was a St. Johns Bay ivory cable knit women's size 1X sweater. It weighs 1 lbs 3.6 ounces so it's gonna cause even more to ship. I spent 1.83$ on it and I'm selling it for 20.95$ on eBay as a buy it now with free shipping. 

 I found a Chico's women's size 2 metallic sweater. It weighs 1 lbs 2.8 ounces so I spent 1.75$ on it. I'm selling it on eBay for 20.95$ free shipping as a buy it now item. Once again I wear a size 0 so a size 2 is probably a little big for me, but if this one doesn't sell I may consider keeping it if it fits (it'd be great for around the holidays or anytime in the winter with the cold and snow around here). It's that cute!

I also found a purple Banana Republic Extra Fine Merino Wool Sweater. It's a women's size small. It weighs 7.6 ounces (finally something that won't cost an arm and a leg to ship with free shipping) so that means I spent  0.71$. I'm selling it for 19.95$ free shipping as a buy it now on eBay. Merino wool is another one of those things I was told to just grab, so I did. This sweater is another one of those things where if it doesn't sell I'll probably keep it and even those it's a size small, it's small enough where it may actually fit. Not 100% sure about how I'd look in this color of purple, but we'll worry about that if it doesn't sell.

I did find a few blouses one of which was a Lauren by Ralph Lauren 100% silk striped blouse. It's a women's size 1X. It weighs 9.7 ounces so I spent 0.90$ on it. I just sold it this morning for 14.95$ free shipping as a buy it now item on eBay.

Much like last week, some things needed cleaning and ironing and such so this isn't everything I bought. Sorry but once again you'll have to stay tuned to see the rest. Like I said this week was sweater week so be prepared for more sweaters. Total I spent about 16$ on 10.5 lbs of clothes (sweaters weigh more). I now owe my dad 46$ (ugh!), but I"m starting to make money and I should be able to pay him back soon. Then I can go shopping on my own. My paypal account says I have 66$ in sales and considering I started out borrowing 20$ from my dad and I owe him 46$, I'd say I'm doing pretty good.

Also for next week be prepared for something a little new from me. Since I just graduated from college and hope to get a job and move from home sometime in the next several months. I decided I would down size a little and get rid of some of the clothes that I never took to college with me that have been collecting dust in my dresser for the last 6 years among other things in boxes from when I was a kid (toys and such). This will only help me when I move out because there will be less to go through. I've decided to see which things will sell and which will not. Those that won't sell get donated.

I also just noticed there are a lot of things I bought this week that I'm excited about and that I'd be happy to have. Hopefully other people like this items as much as I do! You may not know (except I just stated it above) I just graduated from college with a BS in biomedical science and a minor in chemistry. I just got my diploma in the mail this week!! I also had a job interview (this is my second job interview, I had one a couple weeks ago with a different company and they rehired the guy who quit I guess). Not only am I doing this eBay reselling (and telling you guys about it), I'm also on what feels like a never ending job hunt. In case you're wondering I think the job interview it went good and hopefully I get a call soon for the second interview. Hope to get the job because it's a company I'd love to work for and in a town I'd love to move to. I'll keep you posted!

As always to view the above items on my eBay page as well as the other items I'm currently selling here's the link:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/nicoleschultzee/m.html_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3686

No comments:

Post a Comment