Saturday, June 29, 2013

Thrift Store Haul Number Two: Goodwill Outlet Store

Today was my second thrift store haul and I picked everything out by myself. My dad decided we should try out the Goodwill outlet this time. For those of you that don't know what a Goodwill outlet is... It's basically where everything that doesn't sell in the regular Goodwill thrift shops in the state goes and if it doesn't sell there then it gets sent to the landfill or to be made into rags or where ever they send the stuff that doesn't sell. Also they sell everything by the pound. For example today's haul sold for 1.49$ per pound. We bought 40 lbs of clothing which totaled 60$!! Personally I picked out 7 lbs of clothes totaling 10$. So here are my finds for the week!

The first item I purchased was a pair of Women's Size 10 Tommy Hilfiger Low Rise Boot Cut Jeans. They weigh 1 lb and 1 oz, so that means I spent 1.58$ on them. The inseam 25" with a rise in front of 9" and a rise in back of 12" with a size 32 waist.This pair of jeans retails for 68$ and I'm selling them for 17.50$ free shipping as a buy it now on Ebay with the best offer option. These jeans are in great condition so whoever ends up buying them is getting a great deal!


Next I found an Ann Taylor Women's Size 8 long black skirt. It's 37" long with a size 28 waist. It's a full length skirt with a slit in the front and the zipper is in the back and it's fully lined. It weighs 12.5 oz meaning I paid 1.16$. It's currently being sold for 15.50$ free shipping as a buy it now item on Ebay with the best offer option.

I also found a very similar Ann Taylor Loft Women's Size 10 long black skirt. This is also a full length skirt with a slit and zipper in the front. It's 35" long and has a size 30 waist. It's lined as well and light weight. It weighs 10.7 oz so it costed me 1$. It was listed for 13.95$ free shipping as a buy it now option on Ebay with the best offer option. It sold for 12.50$ so I didn't lose any money and the customer was happy getting a couple dollars off.


I decided to go out on a limb and buy a brand I've never heard of Briggs New York. I picked out a knee length black skirt Women's Size 6 which weighs 7.8 oz so I paid 0.73$ for it. It's currently being sold for 12.95$ free shipping as a buy it now item on Ebay with the best offer option.


I found a pair of Women's Medium Nike Dry Fit Workout/Walking capris. They weigh 8.3 ounces so that makes them 0.78$ and they are being sold for 14.50$ free shipping as a buy it now option on Ebay with the best offer option.


I was super excited to find an Women's Large Allison Taylor 100% Silk top. I've never heard of Allison Taylor before, but I was told that if you can find anything that's 100% silk to buy it. It weighs 1.5 oz so it costed me 0.06$. It's being sold for 14.95$ free shipping as a buy it now item on Ebay with the best offer option.

Another thing I was super excited about was an Women's Medium Ann Taylor 100% Cashmere Top. Just like with the silk I was told that whenever you can get something 100% cashmere buy it. It weighed 4 ounces so once you do the math, it costed me 0.37$ and it was being sold for 15.95$ free shipping as a buy it now option on my Ebay page with the best offer option. I originally received an offer for 7.00$ which it a little ridiculous because less than half of what I have it listed for. I counter offered 15.00$  and never heard from them again. Because of this I used the amazing eBay function where I can have it auto decline offers less than a certain dollar amount and I never hear about or have to deal with those offers. I set the minimum at 12.50$ so any offers less than that never got through to me and got auto declined. I ended up getting an offer for 12.95$ which I accepted.


I got an Women's X-Small Aeropostale top with some pretty detailing around the neckline. It weighs 3.1 oz which adds up to 0.29$. It's being sold for 9.99$ as a buy it now with free shipping on Ebay.


I picked out a Victoria's Secret cami top. It weighs 1.9 oz which makes it 0.18$. It's being sold for for 13.95$ as a buy it now with free shipping on Ebay with the best offer option.

I found an American Eagle Tank Top that weighed 2.6 oz so I got it for 0.24$. It retails for around 20.00$. I'm selling it for 11.00$ as a buy it now with free shipping on Ebay with the best offer option.
 

Again I was going out on a limb because I wasn't sure I had heard of Briggs New York before but I found a Green top with an interesting design on it. It weighs 6.7 oz making it 0.62$. It's currently on Ebay for $12.95 as a buy it now with free shipping and the best offer option is available on this one as well.

I found an interesting Michael by Michael Kors top. It's like a combination of a halter top and polo shirt. It looked cool! It weighs 4.7 oz making it 0.44$. It was listed at 15.95$ free shipping with the best offer option on eBay. Once again the best offer option worked it's magic and this top sold for 15.00$ free shipping.

I should easily be able to make the money I spent today back. All in all I'm starting to like this thrift shopping and reselling. Thrift store shopping is actually kind of fun. Especially when you keep finding Ann Taylor items over and over again. I'm not a fan of digging through piles of clothes, so the outlet store isn't something I'd make a habit out of plus it's over an hour away. Every once in awhile it could be fun. 

Stay tuned because everything listed here isn't everything we picked up today. Still to come is a Columbia jacket and a super cute H&M top. Also we will be stopping at the Goodwill outlet again later this week for another major haul!
Here's the link to my Ebay listing in case you interested in these items or others that I'm selling.


No comments:

Post a Comment